Annual Scholarship Awards
Each year the Haysville Chamber of Commerce raises funds to provide scholarships for worthy graduating high school seniors who reside in the boundaries of USD 261. Scholarship funding is raised through the Annual Golf Tournament and on-going membership donations.
- Candidates must be a senior from a USD 261 school
- Candidates must continue their education beyond high school no later than September 2022
- Candidates must submit a completed application (explained below) to the Chamber Scholarship Committee by Noon, January 24, 2022.
- Candidates who are selected as finalists MUST appear for an interview with the Scholarship Committee on Monday, February 21, 2022 starting at 2:00 PM.
1. An official (signed and sealed) high school transcript (including first semester grades for the 2021-2022 school year). Be sure address of legal residence and telephone number where you can be reached is on your transcript.
2. One typed letter of recommendation (any source excluding family member and self).
3. Responses to the following. All information must be TYPED.
- List (typed in bullet form) your involvement in non-related school clubs, civic organizations, and volunteer work. Be specific to time involved and actual duties performed.
- List (typed in bullet form) your academic achievements and involvements in school.
- List (typed) your work history as well as letters from supervisors.
4. Please answer the following questions in essay form:
- What is the most important thing your learned during the high school experience?
- Why should you be selected as one of the recipients of this scholarship?
- As this is a “Needs Based” scholarship why do you “need” this scholarship?
- How will this scholarship make a difference in the pursuit of your educational goals?
- With regard to your career, where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- How will you make a positive impact on other people, your community, and your country via your career path?
Return your completed application package by Noon, January 24, 2022 to:
Haysville Chamber of Commerce
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 542
Haysville KS 67060